The responsible party for the processing of personal data, i.e. TEDxIonianUniversity the beneficiary of the website www.tedxionianuniversity.com, considers that the privacy of visitors and registered users is a fundamental and non-negotiable right which must be guaranteed in the exercise of its activity.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What kind of information do we collect ?
We collect only the necessary information for …………..
The personal information we collect, store and use might include:
- your name and contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone number);
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, for instance your IP address and geographical location;
- your bank or credit card details in case you proceed with purchasing tickets or products.
- any other personal information shared with us.
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, for example information about your health, ethnicity and religion.
We do not usually collect sensitive data about you unless there is a clear and valid reason for doing so and data protection laws allow us to. Where appropriate, we will make why we are collecting this type of information and what it will be used for clear.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us directly.
We may obtain information about you when you reach us via email regarding upcoming or past events, general information about TED and TEDx or send a contact/enquiry form via our official website.
Information you give us indirectly.
Your information might be shared with us by third parties, which might include:
- associate website portals through which you request information about a specific property that we are managing or send contact forms requesting our services on selling-managing and purchasing properties.
- subcontractors acting on our behalf who provide us with technical, payment or delivery services, our business partners, advertising networks analytics providers and search information providers which are part of Ionian University but not limited to it.
*When you show interest in any of our services via online request you provide your consent in order to collect your information and have the first contact with you directly. Following that, during the first contact with you, we owe to ask anew your consent in order to contact you anew. In case you have contacted TEDxIonianUniversity on behalf of someone else, we owe to ask its consent as well during the first contact in order to contact him/her anew.
When you visit this website
We, like many organizations, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram,Youtube,Twitter and Linkdin we may obtain information about you (for example, when you publicly tag us in an photo or post). The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on those types of platforms.
How and why is your information used?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- providing you with the services, products or information you asked for.
- keeping a record of your relationship with us;
- conducting analysis and market research so we can understand how we can improve our services, products or information;
- checking for updated contact details against third party sources so we can stay in touch if you move
- seeking your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notifying you of changes to our services;
- sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, new on the market properties and activities and promotions of goods and services
- processing volunteer
How long is your information kept for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. After the completion of this purpose (i.e. signing of contract/agreement) only some of your personal information are retained as a registry for up to five years. This information may include your name and contact details in case they are needed for updates and evaluation of events
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
However, we may disclose your information to third parties in order to achieve the other purposes set out in this policy. These third parties may include:
Third parties working on our behalf:
We may pass your information (email address, name)to TED or Ionian University for the purposes of completing tasks, evaluation or providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use these third parties, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) , you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about you. Here is a summary of the rights that we think apply:
Right of access
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. You also have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, and we will provide you with this unless legal exceptions apply.
If you want to access your information, please send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by post to the address referred below.
Right to have your inaccurate personal information corrected
You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you corrected. The accuracy of your information is important to us so we’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or if you believe any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us via email or post (see below).
Right to restrict use
You have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of some or all of your personal information if there is a disagreement about its accuracy or we’re not lawfully allowed to use it.
Right of erasure (Right to be forgotten)
You may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information and in certain cases, and subject to certain exceptions; we will do so as far as we are required to.
Right for your personal information to be portable
If we are processing your personal information (1) based on your consent, or in order to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and (2) the processing is being done by automated means, you may ask in written to provide it to you or another service provider in a machine-readable format.
Right to object
You have the right to object to processing when we use your personal information (1) based on legitimate interests, (2) for direct marketing or (3) for statistical/research purposes.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email us at email@example.com or write to our Communication Team at Kapodistriou 1, Corfu Greece, 49100. We may be required to ask for further information and/or evidence of identity. We will endeavor to respond fully to all requests within one month of receipt of your request, however if we are unable to do so we will contact you with reasons for the delay.
Please note that exceptions apply to a number of these rights, and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances. For more details we recommend you consult the guidance published by the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office, https://ico.org.uk/
How we keep your information safe
Personal details (your email address etc.) that are transmitted normally over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems as mentioned above.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
By using our website, our social media pages (such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram), subscribing to our services, you agree that, unless you disabled them within your internet browser, we can place cookies on your device and use that data in accordance with this Policy.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. If we make any significant changes we’ll make this clear on this website.